Sterlite Technology (STL) who is one of the industry’s-leading integrators of digital networks, has launched the Gram Galaxy solution at IMC 2022 to accelerate last-mile rural connectivity and village digitalization.
Sterlite Technology (STL) announces Gram Galaxy
India’s target is to fiberise all 6,25,000 villages. But ~60% of the rural population is still unconnected.
But here major Key challenges are like sheer scale (50Mn fKm), rugged terrains, network economics and deployment speed (~4X increase) must be addressed.
Sterlite Technology (STL) has the expertise of 30 years in this field and execution capabilities for large-scale projects.
To provide the benefits of it to billions of lives, the company has now developed Gram Galaxy – an India-focused solution that will solve these challenges.
Sterlite Technology ‘s Gram Galaxy includes:
1. National long-distance network design – To complete it company will use open-source data with AI and GIS databases that enable first-time-right design and detailed Bill of Materials
2. A comprehensive optical cable suite:
a. Company will use weather-resistant aerial cables – Long span all-weather cable to connect rugged terrains
b. Outdoor distribution retractable cable and accessories – This cable can be direct-buried, aerially deployed, or installed along facades and walls in rough terrains, offering significant time and CapEx savings
c. Indoor/outdoor last mile connectivity cable – A universal cable for Wi-Fi hotspots, home broadband and 4G/5G micro-sites
3. Fibre Automation Services – Brings automations like robotic trenching, 360o photogrammetry, and GIS database visualisation to increase deployment speed and network lifetime
4. Skilled talent pool – STL Academy is focused on creating a skilled talent pool for technologies like 5G, fibre blowing, cable preparation, and splicing. It has trained more than 1,00,000 professionals on 5G and ~600 BSF personnel on fibre splicing
5. An application ecosystem Digital Cafe – to enable internet use cases such as e-health, education, digital payments, smart surveillance
Ankit Agarwal, Managing Director of Sterlite Technology ( STL) commented,
“We are very proud to have developed a solution which will take India on the path of becoming a digital economy. Gram Galaxy will enable faster, and highly scalable rural network buildouts. We look forward to engaging with the government and telecoms to implement this solution on the ground.”